Mob burns down Sanwo-Olu’s family home, NPA building in Lagos


Irate youths have set ablaze the family home of Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Omididun Street, Lagos. There were also reports that the head office of the Nigerian Ports Authority in Apapa was also torched.

Sanwo-Olu had imposed a curfew on the state due to the #EndSARS protests. Soldiers were subsequently called in which led to the deaths of at least seven persons, mostly youths.

Eyewitnesses told newsmen that one of the youths holding a jerry can of petrol was seen soaking the house in petrol but was quickly stopped by residents for fear that the fire could spread uncontrollably.

However, the entreaties by the residents failed as the angry youths set the house ablaze.

Before the arson, the eyewitness, who wished to remain anonymous, said, “Around 7.45am, angry youths gathered around Sanwo-Olu’s family home on Omididun Street, Lagos Island, throwing stones and shattering glasses.”

Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic Party has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately direct an end to the killings recorded recently in parts of the country.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:  FG lists sins of Nnamdi Kanu

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan said the killing of peaceful protesters in Lekki and other parts of the country was condemnable.

“It is shocking that security agents and, in some cases, thugs, were reportedly deployed to end the lives of promising Nigerians. This, to say the least, is saddening,” the PDP alleged in a statement.

“Those responsible for the heinous murder of the innocent and harmless Nigerians must account for their nefarious acts,” it added.

The party also called on the International Criminal Court to bring all those responsible for the needless death of the young Nigerians to justice.

In an attempt to disperse protesters gathered at the Lekki Toll Gate, a group of soldiers fired live bullets at the demonstration.

The incident has sparked outrage within and outside the country, as various individuals and groups asked the Nigerian authorities to stop the further killing of unarmed citizens.