COVID-19: Osun claims only one person ran away from isolation centre

SHARE

The Osun State Government  has  denied earlier reports that six people escaped from a Covid-19 isolation centre in Ejigbo.

Advertisements

In a statement issued on Saturday by the Commissioner of Information and Civic Orientation, Funke Egbemode, the government said only one person was found missing after an headcount by government officials. She disclosed that the incident is under investigation.

Advertisements

The Commissioner said efforts are ongoing to ensure that the missing person is brought back to the isolation centre.

Advertisements

“Recall that about a week ago,  we received 127 returnees from Ivory Coast and we have kept them since then to avoid community transfer of the virus.

Advertisements
Advertisements

“This morning we embarked on a headcount and found out that only one person could not be accounted for by officials stationed at the isolation centre out of the 127 persons.

Advertisements

“The State Government is currently investigating the matter and will ensure that the missing person is brought back to the Isolation centre and we will also ensure we trace all his contacts,” the statement read in part.

Advertisements

The state government also explained that it is working to ensure that the contacts of the missing person are traced to prevent a further spread of the disease.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:  Buhari returns NALDA after 20 years

Egbemode said: “We want to reiterate that any official(s) found culpable will also be dealt with accordingly.

“We implore members of the public to discountenance the alarm being raised. We will continue to do everything to protect the lives of our citizens in this fight against Coronavirus.”

 34 total views,  2 views today

Advertisements