The Inspector-General of Police, IGP, Olukayode Egbetokun has directed the posting and redeployment of 40 senior police officers, comprising 14 Assistant Inspectors General of Police , AIG, and 26 Commissioners of Police ,CP, to various commands and formations across the country.
This decision is part of a broader mandate to build a professionally competent, service-driven, rule of law-compliant, and people-friendly police force.
The redeployment is a response to the recent elevation of senior officers to their next ranks and follows the approval of the Police Service Commission.
This development followed the approval of the Police Service Commission.
According to the Force PRO, the postings and redeployments were made in order to reflect the recent promotion of senior officers to higher ranks and to create a police force that is people-friendly, rule of law-abiding, professionally competent, and driven.
The AIGs posted and redeployed are;
1. AIG Ogundele Ayodeji – Zone 7 Abuja
2. AIG Patrick Edung –Zone 11 Osogbo
3. AIG Badru Lawal – Border Patrol FHQ
4. AIG Bartholomew Onyeka – Zone 8 Lokoja
5. AIG Suleiman Yusuf – DOPS FHQ
6. AIG Idowu Owohunwa – FCID Annex Alagbon Lagos
7. AIG Rhoda Olofu – Maritime Lagos
8. AIG Godwin Aghaulor – Zone 13 Ukpo Dunukofia Awka
9. AIG Effiom Ekot – ONSA Abuja
10. AIG Anene Innocent – CTU FHQ Abuja
11. AIG Odama Ojeka –Zone 16 Yenagoa
12. AIG Ebong Eyibio – Zone 4 Makurdi
13. AIG Adebowale Williams – Zone 17 Akure
14. AIG Sahabo Yahaya – Investment FHQ Abuja
Similarly, the 26 newly posted/redeployed Commissioners of Police include;
1. CP George Chuku – Benue State
2. CP Ahmed Tijani –Jigawa State
3. CP Dan Mamman Shawulu – Niger State
4. CP Usman Hayatu – Gombe State
5. CP Danjuma Aboki – Imo State
6. CP Disu Olatunji Rilwan – Rivers State
7. CP Joseph Eribo – Taraba State
8. CP Isyaku Mohammed – Osun State
9. CP Mohammed Barde – Safer Highways FHQ
10. CP Shehu Abubakar – PPP DLS FHQ
11. CP Lawal Ayodeji – Border Patrol FHQ
12. CP Emmanuel Agene – Maritime Lagos
13. CP Jude Azuka – Admin Airwing
14. CP Dan Idi – Commandant Police College Kaduna
15. CP Ibitoye Olajide – Force Provost Marshal
16. CP Adamu Isa – INEC
17. CP Nwanosike Okocha – Procurement DLS FHQ
18. CP Johnson Adenola – PSO to IGP
19. CP Olanrewaju Shola – PAP Western Port Lagos
20. CP Shelleng Yusuf – Int’l Investigation INTERPOL
21. CP Emmanuel Aina – SEB FCID Abuja
22. CP Miller Dantawaiye – Info-Tech ICT FHQ Abuja
23. CP Henry Uche – Director NPF-NCCC
24. CP Vungmoh Kwaimo – DOPS FHQ Abuja
25. CP Fasuba Olabode – Commandant Police College Ikeja
26. CP Polycarp Emeka – Anti-Human Trafficking
The AIGs and CPs will assume their new roles in different zones, states, and specialized units within the force.
Adejobi stated that the posting was effective immediately, but he also stated that the IGP had given the newly posted/redeployed officers an assignment to cooperate with the force’s policies and forward the government’s agenda for the nation’s sociopolitical development and economic recovery.
The Inspector-General emphasized the importance of professionalism, diligent policing services, and collaboration with relevant stakeholders to bring policing closer to the people.
This move aims to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the police force and align with the broader goal of creating a secure and conducive environment for citizens. The redeployment reflects the commitment to maintaining law and order and promoting the overall well-being of communities across Nigeria.